An Afternoon in Athens

I hope you are not getting fed up with my holidays posts, just one more this week and it is Athens. Athens and Greece overall really surprised me, I didn't think it would be as nice as it is. I was blown away with it. If you haven't visited Greece you really should, I love it now! Athens was very warm around 35 degrees the day we visited. There was a lot more trees and landscaping than I expected and wow what can I say about the heritage particularly the archaeology- it is amazing! After all, Athens is one of the oldest cities in the world- the cradle of western civilization. We visited the Acropolis, the Hellenic Parliament, the Olympic Stadium and Plaka the oldest historical neighbourhood in Athens. Here are a few of my photos.








1 comments:

  1. We've never been to Athens. One day, hopefully, though.....
    I am definitely not getting bored of the holiday snaps - I'm really enjoying them!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I do love receiving comments :)

Pages

Popular Posts